Roses are red, Violets are blue

Roses are red, Violets are blue

Wednesday, August 6, 2014


Hey, I'm back to blogging again. Uhm so, I finally took a leap of faith to come to NTU to study under JPA Pengajian Ijazah Luar Negara (PILN) 2014, though not many of my friends know that I'm under this not so coveted scholarship like ASEAN, CN Yang, College scholarship. So far everything is just fine, with the seniors, juniors and last but not least, my fellow hall mates, whom I used to have lunch and dinner with them at the canteen. My roommate is also fine, he's a Sabahan, UEC background.

Apparently, I lost my smartphone so I couldn't take as many photos as I please. But seriously, Singapore is really a nice place! I'm so grateful that under my own circumstances, I'm still able to make it to NTU, though not from a very strong financial background. I also realize that, my dreams of studying in Singapore actually started when I was Primary 6. I still remember for no reason, I wasn't qualified for some "scholarship" or that I didn't meet the cut-off point to be selected to take some admission test to study in Singapore for Secondary 1. Then in Secondary 3, I applied for ASEAN but I didn't send my supporting documents, so I wasn't qualified again. And in Pre-U while I was still in the recovery period of devastated to take Form 6, I went to this ASEAN Pre-U Scholarship admission test to enter JC. Again, I wasn't qualified, maybe my English too sucks D: . So, after so many toils, I finally made it to NTU, but not under Singapore Scholarship, but under Malaysia Scholarship.

Enough said. Recently in one of the canteen, I came across this aunty who's selling ban mee. There is nothing special about this aunty. But one thing is she was toiling laboriously while serving me, and it kind of reminds me of my mother :) My mother earned a living selling noodles soup and chow kuey teow, bringing up 5 children, with me being the youngest. The aunty surely reflects my mother, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of sorrow. My mother worked so hard, for like 30 years? just to provide a better living for the 5 of us. But still, it's only enough for necessities of life ( food, drink, shelter, home, you name it ). Others like education, we've to work very hard to secure scholarship to fund our own studies. My brother and sister didn't make it to Singapore because they didn't dream big, but I do. So, I'm somehow touched when my mum finally can settle down, with my brother looking after her, after so many years of working. But then, it's not the end yet, I'm one of her worry for the time being too.

Just now I called her to say that how inconvenient it is that I don't have a smartphone because everything goes by Whatsaap or LINE. She quickly offered to temporarily give her smartphone to me. And I said how about your candy crush? She said no choice. I really feel warm after listening to that.

I've vowed to work harder in NTU. Seriously, there're no place for me to slack here. I've to work really hard, harder than the way in STPM, to excel in academic and CCA. I really hope that I still turn out fine in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment